The Care Annex Company
Many of the best innovations come from deeply personal experiences, and the Care Annex Company was just one of those ideas. Mark, the founder, and creator of the annex was looking at a way to simplify and personalise residential care, after the experience of his mother who needed care.
It became really apparent that to provide a residential care facility that can be built off-site and craned into location, with little disruption was a really unique idea and the concept of the annex was born.
The coronavirus epidemic has illustrated perfectly the importance of family contact with loved ones, keeping them close and in a safe ‘home’ environment.
The mission of the care annex is to bring together the advantages of off-site factory construction with the latest designs and technologies available within the care sector. Our annexes are designed around the needs of your loved ones both now and in the future as their care plans change. Set at a fixed price, excluding groundworks and transportation/delivery to site which will be advised after a site survey.
What are the merits of a care annex?
- Managing your care costs and being in control
- Family contact and daily routine
- Fully accessible for wheelchairs (optional hoist)
- Wet room with full mobility aids and easy clean finishes
- Bedroom / Living space (optional carer bedroom too)
- Built off-site and craned into position
- Decking and louvered porch options
- Selection of exterior low maintenance finishes and colour options (render, cladding, painted concrete)
- Flexible design around your needs
- Financing options available
- Fixed price and short delivery possible
Who is the Care annex suitable for?
- Family sector
- Leisure market – care accommodation for staycations within a complex
- Small care home providers – needing extra rooms or isolation pods
Key technical features of the Care AnnexStrong galvanised steel frame – warranted for 100 years plus.
- Hoist track and hoist to cater for all weights
- Range of low energy heating and cooling options
- Choice of low energy lighting options including ‘human-centric’ designs which assist those with deteriorating vision and help restore normal day/night sleep patterns
- Options of adding kitchen facilities and carers bedroom/s
- Range of sanitary ware to suit a range of medical conditions including wash/dry WC’s, support rests, dementia-friendly sinks, easy-clean floor, and wall surfaces
- Range of door and window options. Position of door and windows to meet your access needs
- Louvered porch and decking to enhance the users living experience providing them with the ability to enjoy some outside living
- Remote control facilities for greater independence
- Emergency pull chords
- Night lights, easy reach light switches and dimmer modes
- Hospital spec control board above the bed to include plugs, controls, optional oxygen supply
- Air conditioning and options on heating including under floor
- Polyflor* flooring
Be our Guest and book a visit to our Show Home
Located 10 miles from Norwich city centre, just off the A47 – email firstname.lastname@example.org
A fast, customisable solution to providing home care
The Care Annex is designed around your particular care requirement and from agreement of the final design the Care Annex can be built in as little as four weeks depending on final specification.
Dependent on size and the particular requirements of the Local Planning Authority, if planning permission is required, the Care Annex Company will work with Clients to deliver the required permission as quickly as possible.
The Care Annex Company mission is to deliver a personal service from initial design to delivery on site and commissioning. On the choice of equipment we have partnered with leading care specialists to ensure that you choose the right equipment for your needs.
Key features include
- Factory built
- Galvanised steel frame
- Structure can accommodate a personal care hoist to increase mobility
- Quick construction
- Flexible design
- Customised design to suit your requirement and budget
- Latest care technology available from leading suppliers
- Can be delivered at various stages of fit-out to suit your budget
- Flexible layout including kitchen, additional carers bedroom
- Advice on planning permission
- Building Regulations approval undertaken
- Survey ground for foundations and services requirements
- Once design is agreed, it’s a fixed price
- Factory built to deliver exceptional build quality
- Delivered to site ready for use
- Lifted onto site by crane – can even be put in your back garden, subject to survey
- Can be relocated if you move
For more information including costs, size and plans of our Annexes and Bathroom Pods please contact us
A Personal Story
‘‘I came across the Care Annex Company at the Ideal Home Show and was really impressed with this new business and their innovative product for the care sector. From my own experience of having my Mother in long term care, I understand the real dilemma facing families both financially and emotionally when it comes to providing care options for a family member.
I think the Care Annex could provide a real alternative to a care home or doing major conversion works to your own home – its ready built to your requirements and just lifted into your garden – and it can be moved again if you ever move – brilliant, such a simple concept but so well designed and built.
With an ageing population and a need for more community led care, the Care Annex should provide a viable and practical option for lots of families – WELL DONE!’’